Being a Good Influencer
To be good influencers we must function well in every aspect:
Those are the basic requirements. We should develop habits in all those first; internalise them. And, as we do so, explore other ways in which the aspects work, such as in the process of developing our influences with other. Be whole and full of integrity, with humility and faith.
- Believe what we are saying (Pistic aspect, to do with vision, aspiration, commitment, creed, religion)
- Be generous, self-sacrificing for good (Ethical aspect, to do with self-giving love)
- Be absolutely truthful, just and proportionate, not only in what we say but in what we omit (Juridical aspect, to do with what is due; 'retribution', rights and responsibilities)
- Be fun and interesting, and bring a harmony to our whole message (Aesthetic aspect, to do with harmony, surprise, fun)
- Be frugal, concise (Economic aspect, to do with frugal use of resources)
- Be friendly and relate well to those who watch us (Social aspect, to do with social interaction)
- Be clear in communicating (Lingual aspect, to do with symbolic communication)
- Structure our ideas and presentation well and relate ideas well to each other (Formative aspect, to do with history, culture, technology, shaping and creativity)
- Be clear in the ideas and concepts we put across (Analytical aspect, to do with distinguishing )
- Feel (Sensitive aspect, to do with sense, feeling, emotion)
- And, of course, be healthy (Biotic aspect, to do with life functions)
- Ensure the physical forces and energy work well for all the above (Physical aspect, to do with energy + mass)
- Have good movement in our presentation (Kinematic aspect, to do with movement; flowing movement)
- Attend to spatial arrangements (Spatial aspect, to do with continuous extension, space)
- Ensure the numbers and amounts of things are appropriate to all the above (Quantitative aspect, to do with quantity, amount)
See also a longer Aspects of Influencing People.
This page, "http://dooy.info/using/influencer.html",
is part of a collection that discusses application of Herman Dooyeweerd's ideas, within The Dooyeweerd Pages, which explain, explore and discuss Dooyeweerd's interesting philosophy. Email questions or comments are welcome.
Written on the Amiga and Protext in the style of classic HTML.
You may use this material subject to conditions. Compiled by Andrew Basden.
Created: 4 April 2022